Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Most Wonderful FAVORITE!! Award


Almost two weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised to receive my first award! Thank you again Sunflower Ranch for making my day. I was at work on a beautiful sunny Sunday, missing my kid and my husband, counting the minutes until I could put my avian charges to bed and go home to my human ones. It has taken me a while to spread this award out, I apologize, like I've said before I have demanding human and non-human creatures to pay attention to!

The rules of this award are as follows:

Deliver this award to eight bloggers who then must choose and deliver the award to eight more and include the following text into the award.

"These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."


A Scarlet Shutter - A good friend and the reason why I got into this whole blog thing in the first place.

Fran Caldwell's Notebook - One of my first followers, she encouraged me to continue and I love seeing her progress out there in the publishing jungle.

Soundbounder - I love his nautical and seagoing-themed pictures, they make me pause and sigh on a day I'm stuck inside.

Wayward 30 Somethings - the Pacific Coast Trail hiking journal of a coworker and his wife. Originally created so friends and family could track them, I hope they don't mind a small bit of added fame. As of yesterday they had already hiked 558 miles and were due west of Death Valley. I get hot and tired just thinking about it. Kudos to them.

If it's Thursday it must be Prague -for something out of my usual realm of blogging, reminds me to widen my interests even more.

Knowplastic - the journey of another coworker trying to rid her life of plastic. She's done more in her life than I will ever do.

Nature Remains
- More beautiful photos (often of my favorite flying creature - the dragonfly) and reflections on nature.

I know I'm short one blog, but I have received two more awards in the last 24 hours and I need to spread around the love! More to come......

Congrats everyone! Keep blogging, keep connecting, and thanks for letting me follow you. -kate

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kate. Pasting in my award today. It's such a nice picture (my absolute favorite thing to do - wine al fresco and good conversation).

    Now to find those 8 recipients of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, a very beautiful award for a beautiful blog.
    Have a great day,
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered!
    Thank you.
    And wouldn't you know it,....it's a rainy day here and I am reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. matthew : I think it's raining everywhere. I'm watching the river rise and looking at the weather report and thinking that you're lucky to already be on a boat! -kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. COngrats to you and thank you for selecting me(and I am happy you visit for that reason! =])! I like how you wrote a little blurb with each blog you selected.

    I have just the people to pass the torch to!
    Thanks again!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!